Since 1984, delivering Everyday Luxury to our clients fuels everything we do. Creating quality products that endure well beyond one or two seasons is central to our business model and the right choice for our planet.
As Aritzia continues to grow, we’re working to extend our sustainability programs and accelerate our progress across our value chain.
OUR VALUE CHAIN
Aritzia’s value chain represents our scope of influence and the impact we have on people and the planet. Each stage of our product — from the initial design all the way through to manufacturing, logistics, selling to clients and, finally, end of life considerations — is dependent on and impacts the communities and natural ecosystems that surround us.
Simply put, the continuation of our business relies on the stability, health and resilience of these vital systems (and all they entail), which includes farmers, manufacturing workers, clients, civil society as well as climate, water and biodiversity.
We take an evidence-based approach to sustainability, with a focus on driving long-term impact over short-term trends. The steps are simple:
- UNDERSTANDING OUR IMPACT
- ACTIONING MEANINGFUL CHANGE
UNDERSTANDING OUR IMPACT
Upon examining our sustainability journey over the last 10 years, it’s evident that we’ve made great progress but still have a lot of work to do. In 2017, we conducted a comprehensive assessment of our business to benchmark our social and environmental risks and impacts to help determine our way forward. We’ve continued ongoing assessments of our impacts, specifically through:
- Materiality assessments to understand key overarching risks to people and planet across our value chain.
- Labour and human rights assessments of our global supply chain.
- An inventory across our organization for emissions, water consumption and waste generation.
Aritzia Environmental Impact Inventory
ACTIONING MEANINGFUL CHANGE
Results from the assessments provide us with a fairly clear view of our impact and priorities. Our work begins with a dedicated team of Sustainability experts accountable for determining what to address, developing targets and roadmaps, and partnering with all our divisions to deliver change across our business. This is then actioned through the implementation of policies such as the Aritzia Environmental Policy, Supplier Code of Conduct and Materials Sourcing Policy and Animal Materials Sourcing Policy, and through specific programs or initiatives that we’ve prioritized.
We always value feedback and questions. To get in touch, email us at email@example.com
POLICIES & REPORTING
- Information on Aritzia’s Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) strategy and performance can be found in the Aritzia ESG Executive Summary FY2021.
- Aritzia’s corporate filings and investor presentation can be found on our Investor Relations Webpage.
- Aritzia submitted disclosure through CDP Climate Change in 2019 and 2020 and, in 2019, Aritzia received the Supplier Engagement Leader Award.
- In 2021, Aritzia joined the United Nations Global Compact (UNGC) — an initiative that works to implement universal principles on human rights, labour, environment and anti-corruption. Our first UNGC Communication on Progress will be published in 2022.