- HOW ARITZIA COLLECTS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- HOW ARITZIA USES YOUR INFORMATION
- COOKIES AND OTHER TECHNOLOGIES
- SOCIAL NETWORKING AND SIMILAR SITUATIONS
- DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION TO OTHERS
- RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- LOCATION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION/li>
- ACCURACY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- YOUR RIGHTS
- PERSONAL INFORMATION OF CHILDREN
- OTHER WEBSITES/ONLINE SERVICES
- POLICY CHANGES
- UNSUBSCRIBING TO NEWSLETTERS AND MESSAGES
- INTERNATIONAL USERS
- CONTACTING ARITZIA'S CHIEF PRIVACY OFFICER
1. How Aritzia Collects Your Personal Information
Aritzia collects information about you in four ways:
We collect information that you provide us or when you create an account.
- When you purchase products or services from us (including at an Aritzia retail store or through an Aritzia website), we collect information including your name, email address, credit card and payment information, mailing and shipping address, phone number, marketing preferences and any other information you provide.
- When you create or manage an account with Aritzia (including a user account for an Aritzia website), we collect your name, email address, password, shipping address, billing address, site region and size preferences. If you create your account using Facebook, it may provide us with your account information, such as your name and email address (we don’t store your Facebook passwords) in order to create your account. What Facebook shares with us is controlled by your Facebook privacy settings. Make sure you’re comfortable with your Facebook privacy settings by reviewing and, if necessary, updating them on Facebook.
- When you send us an email, we collect the information you give us including your name, email address, contact details and any questions or feedback you give us.
- When you register, or subscribe for our newsletters or promotions, or participate in our promotions, sweepstakes, contests, or surveys, we collect the information we need for your participation, such as your contact information.
- When you contact Aritzia Concierge, we collect the information you give us including your name, contact details, questions and feedback.
- We may also collect information about you from others who know you like your family or friends such as when they want to ship a product (including gift cards) to your address. For example, to send the package, we’d need them to tell us your name, email, mailing and shipping addresses. We may also collect information about you from family or friends if they send you a link to a product or article on the Aritzia website. If you provide us with information about your family or friends, please make sure that you let them know you’re doing so and remind them to review our Policy which describes how we use their information.
- We retain your purchase history from both retail stores and Aritzia's websites.
2. How Aritzia Uses Your Information
We use your information to help us provide, operate, improve, understand, personalize, support and market our products and services, among other things. We use the information we obtain about you for the purposes described below.
Your information allows us to:
- contact and correspond with you about your transactions and your use of our products and services and to provide you with Aritzia Concierge services;
- facilitate transactions and process orders and payments for the products and services you’ve purchased;
- remind you of un-purchased items left in your online shopping cart;
- contact you regarding billing and payment discrepancies and to validate receipts;
- process and respond to your feedback and requests, and to otherwise administer our relationship with you; and
- personalize and improve your shopping experience such as by using your location information to determine your language preferences or display accurate date and time information.
Set up and Manage Your Account
We use your information to set up and manage your account, including to develop a confidential profile for you. We use that profile to provide services to you and to facilitate your transactions with us and your use of our websites and services.
Market Our Services and Run Promotions
We use your information to:
- market our products and services including by providing you with information regarding our announcements, promotions, upcoming events, new products, special features, and store openings which we think you may be interested in based upon the information we hold about you; and
- administer and facilitate your participation in sweepstakes, contests, and promotions.
Improve Our Services
We use your information to analyze and learn about how our services are accessed and used by you and others to evaluate and improve them (including by developing new products and services and managing our communications). We usually do this based on anonymous, pseudonymized or aggregated information which does not focus on you individually. For example, if we learn that most users use mobile devices, we might wish to expand on that feature.
We and our partners use your information to analyze your interactions with our services and third parties’ online services so we can tailor our advertising to what we think will interest you and monitor and measure the effectiveness of our advertising. For example, we or our partners may serve you a particular advertisement based on what we think may interest you based on other information we hold about you and/or your purchases on our and others’ sites.
Safety and Security
We use your information for safety and security purposes, including the sharing of your information for such purposes and we do so as it is necessary to pursue our, your and others’ legitimate interests of ensuring the security and integrity of our services, including enhancing users’ protection against spam and crime and security risks of all types.
Third Party Relationships
If you work for one of our vendors or partners, we may use your information to manage our relationship with your employer.
Protection and Legal Compliance
We may use and disclose your information in order to protect our and others’ interests, rights and property, for example to protect our users from abuse. We may also use and share your information as we consider, in good faith, necessary to comply with applicable legal requirements, such as tax and other government regulations and industry standards, contracts and law enforcement requests. For example, we may disclose your information where we believe, in good faith, this is required by applicable law, including to comply with a subpoena, warrant or court or arbitral order or litigation disclosure obligations. We may also disclose your information if we reasonably believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate in connection with national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance. For example, we may disclose information to law enforcement authorities or other businesses and organizations in connection with the detection, prevention, and prosecution of activities that we reasonably believe to be unlawful or fraudulent (including activities at our retail stores or on our websites). Such disclosed information may include information of the individuals suspected of involvement in unlawful or fraudulent activities.
We may combine your personal information collected through various sources, including information collected at Aritzia's retail stores and through Aritzia's websites, and information obtained from other sources such as to enhance and personalize your shopping experience on our websites and to facilitate returns.
If you are in the European Economic Area, we process your personal information for the above purposes on different legal grounds provided for under European data protection law, such as your consent or where it is necessary to perform our contract with you. We process your personal information for these purposes based upon the following legal grounds:
- Consent We’ll use your your personal information in the particular way you’ve consented to have us use it. When you consent, you can withdraw your consent at any time.
- Performance of a contract We’ll use your personal information as needed to provide you with services and products requested by you, or to respond to your inquiries. In other words, so we can perform our contract with you or take steps at your request before entering into one. For example, we’ll need your email address to create an account for you or your address and payment details to process and deliver your order.
- Legal obligation We’ll use your personal information when we believe, in good faith, that we have a legal obligation to do so, for example to comply with applicable tax and other government regulations or to comply with a court order or binding law enforcement request.
We’ll use your personal information when we have a legitimate interest to do so and believe, in good faith, that these interests are not overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of individuals which require protection of personal data. In particular, we rely on our legitimate interests in the following cases:
- To operate our business and provide you with tailored and personalized advertising and communications to develop, improve and promote our business
- To analyze and improve the safety and security of our services - we do this as it is necessary to pursue our legitimate interests in ensuring Aritzia is secure, such as by implementing and enhancing security measures and protections and protecting against fraud, spam and abuse
- To provide and improve the services, including any personalized services - we do this as it is necessary to pursue our legitimate interests of understanding how our services are being used, obtaining insights into usage patterns of our services and of developing ways to change our products and services so they are more interesting for you and other users and to provide an innovative and tailored offering to our users and customers on a sustained basis
- To share your personal information with other Aritzia affiliate companies, including Aritzia LP, to help us provide and improve the services
- To anonymize and subsequently use anonymized information
- To create and share aggregated reports which reveal trends and patterns which may be of interest to us. These reports do not identify or focus on you individually
- Protecting you and others We’ll use your personal information to protect your and others’ vital interests.
- Others’ legitimate interests We’ll use your information where necessary to the purposes of a third party’s legitimate interests, such as our partners who have a legitimate interest in delivering tailored advertising to you and monitoring and measuring its effectiveness or our users who have a legitimate interest in having Aritzia function properly and securely and in it continuing to develop and innovate, whilst we and others also have a legitimate interest in preventing unlawful and fraudulent activities.
3. Cookies and Other Technologies
4. Social Networking and Similar Situations
When you use certain aspects of Aritzia's websites or other services, or post information to other social networking sites, for example, there may be links to Aritzia's Facebook or Twitter pages or you may be able to "like" a product on your Facebook account or "pin" a product on your Pinterest account, the information that you post or share in connection with these third-party sites is visible to other persons and can be read, collected, used, and disclosed by other persons, including to send unsolicited messages. In such cases, you will be leaving Aritzia's website and going to the third party's website. Any information you provide or post to such third-party social-networking sites and other sites is governed by their own privacy policies, which you may read on the applicable site. You are solely responsible for the information that you choose to post or share in those situations. Aritzia has no control over, or responsibility or liability for, the use, disclosure, and retention of the information that you disclose in those situations, and the use, disclosure, and retention of the disclosed information is not subject to this Policy. Please be careful when disclosing your information in those situations.
5. Disclosure of Personal Information to Others
We share personal information with the following types of recipients.
- Affiliates Aritzia and its affiliates may share your information with each other and use it for the provision of our products and services in accordance with this Policy.
- Suppliers and Service Providers We may disclose your information to our suppliers and service providers that perform services on our behalf (such as to help us process payments, fulfil your orders, deliver products to you, provide Aritzia Concierge, deliver customer communications, manage our data, help us with marketing, undertake fraud detection and address validation, and comply with tax laws). We require our suppliers and service providers to agree to use your information only for the purposes for which it is provided to them, and to protect the privacy of your information in a manner that is consistent with applicable privacy laws.
- Process Payments We transmit your personal information via an encrypted connection to our payment processors.
- Analytics and Advertising We use third-party analytics and/or ad-serving services on our websites. The providers of these services may independently collect, use, and disclose your IP address together with information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites that they service in accordance with their own privacy policies (and not this Policy) so we can improve user experience on our websites and to provide you with tailored advertising and measure and monitor its effectiveness.
- Mergers and Business Transfers We may disclose your information in connection with a proposed or actual business transaction, such as a corporate reorganization, merger or acquisition, or the sale of some or all of our business or assets (including in connection with a bankruptcy proceeding) We will require that the information recipient agree to protect the privacy of your information in a manner that is consistent with this Policy.
6. Retention of Personal Information
We retain your information for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this Policy or where a longer retention period is be required or permitted by applicable law. For instance, we may keep your information to comply with our legal obligations, such as tax laws, to resolve disputes, to enforce our agreements or as otherwise permitted by law.
The precise periods for which we keep your personal information vary depending on the nature of the information and why we need it. Factors we consider in determining these periods include the minimum required retention period prescribed by law or recommended as best practice, the period during which a claim can be made with respect to an agreement or other matter, whether the personal information has been aggregated or pseudonymized, and other relevant criteria.
7. Location of Personal Information.
We will store and process your information in Canada, the United States, and other countries. The laws of other countries regarding the collection, use, disclosure, and retention of information may be different from the laws of Canada and the United States, and their laws may be different from the laws of your country. The disclosure of your information in accordance with this Policy may result in your information being transferred to and outside of Canada, the United States, or your country.
We employ reasonable safeguards, including administrative, technical and physical measures - appropriate to the sensitivity of the information in its possession or under its control in order to protect that information from unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, disposal, or similar risks. While we use reasonable efforts to protect your information, no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, and therefore, we cannot guarantee absolute security of your information.
9. Accuracy of Personal Information
You can help us maintain the accuracy and completeness of your information (including your Aritzia website account information) by notifying us of any changes to your information. You may update your Aritzia website account information through our websites.
10. Your Rights
You may request access to your personal information and information about our collection, use, disclosure, and retention of that information by sending your request to our Chief Privacy Officer at one of the addresses noted below. Subject to applicable exceptions and limitations prescribed by law, you will be given reasonable access to your personal information, and will be entitled to challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information and to have it amended as appropriate.
Users from the European Economic Area also have specific rights under European legislation, subject to various exceptions and limitations under EU law. These rights are outlined below:
- Withdraw Consent: If we rely on consent for the processing of your personal data, you can withdraw that consent prospectively at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
- Right of Access: You have a general right to find out if we hold and personal data relating to you. You also have a general right to obtain a copy of any such personal data we hold on you.
- Right to Rectification: You have the right to rectify any information we hold about you that is inaccurate.
- Right to Erasure: You have the right, in certain cases, to have us erase any information we hold about you, provided there are valid grounds for doing so.
- Right to Restriction: You have the right, in certain cases, to temporarily restrict the processing of your personal data, provided there are valid grounds for doing so.
- Right to Data Portability: You have the right, in certain cases, to obtain a commonly used machine-readable copy of the electronic information you provided to us for transfer to you or another controller if required.
- Right to Object: You have the right, in certain limited cases, to object to the processing of your personal data.
- Cookies and Similar Technologies: You can manage cookies and similar technologies by following various steps set out in our Cookies Policy.
- Right to Lodge a Complaint: If you are unhappy with how we’ve handled your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the European data protection supervisory authority.
11. Personal Information of Children
Aritzia does not knowingly collect personal information from children who are under 13 years of age. Please immediately contact Aritzia's Chief Privacy Officer at one of the addresses noted below if you believe that Aritzia has unintentionally collected personal information from a child under 13 years of age. If we learn that it has inadvertently collected the personal information of a child under 13 years of age, we will use reasonable efforts to delete that information from our systems (except to the extent that retention of the personal information is required or permitted by applicable law).
If you apply for a job with us, we may use and disclose your personal information to administer and process your application for employment with Aritzia and related matters.
13. Other Websites/Online Services
14. Policy Changes
We’ll update this Policy from time to time to reflect changes in technology, law, our business operations or any other reason we determine is necessary or appropriate. When we make changes, we’ll update the “Last Updated” text at the top of the Policy and post it on our sites. If we make material changes to it or the ways we process personal information, we’ll notify you (by, for example, prominently posting a notice of the changes on our sites before they take effect or directly sending you a notification).
We encourage you to check back periodically to review this Policy for any changes since your last visit. This will help ensure you better understand your relationship with us, including the ways we process your personal information.
15. Unsubscribing to Newsletters and Messages
You may unsubscribe from our electronic newsletters and similar messages by using the applicable self-service unsubscribe procedure. For example, by clicking an unsubscribe link in an email or by contacting Aritzia Concierge at firstname.lastname@example.org.
16. International Users
We are a United States company and your information submitted by you through our websites is collected and maintained in the United States, Canada and other countries, regardless of the geographic location or country where the information originated. If you do not consent to your information being collected and maintained in the United States, Canada and other countries, then you should not enter such information through our websites.
This website may be accessed by users in countries outside of the USA. We make no representations or warranties that aritzia.com/intl/en is appropriate or available for use in countries outside of the USA (such as laws relating to default cookie settings).
17. Contacting Aritzia's Chief Privacy Officer
Aritzia Chief Privacy Officer
#118 - 611 Alexander Street,
Vancouver, BC, Canada V6A 1E1
Facsimile + 1 604.251.6575
Alternatively, if you are in the European Economic Area or United Kingdom you can, if you prefer, contact our representative in the European Union or United Kingdom at:
MHC GDPR Representative
Mason Hayes and Curran Professional Services Limited
South Bank House
MHC UK GDPR Representative
Mason Hayes and Curran LLP