- our brick-and-mortar retail stores;
- orders that we fulfill for our partners;
- our surveys and other consumer research activities;
- our promotions, sweepstakes, and contests;
- our marketing activities, including when you sign up for our newsletters;
- our Aritzia Concierge service; and
- our social media accounts.
Table of Contents
- What Personal Information Does Aritzia Collect?
- Cookies and Similar Technologies
- How Aritzia Uses Your Personal Information
- How Aritzia Shares Your Personal Information
- Your Choices
- Social Networking, Other Sites and Services
- Retention, Location and Security of Your Personal Information
- International Data Transfer
- Accuracy of Personal Information
- Contacting Aritzia’s Chief Privacy Officer
- Important Information for California Residents
1. What Personal Information Does Aritzia Collect?
Information you provide to us. Personal information you may provide to us through the Service or otherwise includes:
- Contact Data, such as your first and last name, email address, billing and mailing addresses, and phone number when you purchase products or services from us (including at an Aritzia retail store or through an Aritzia website), contact us through Aritzia Concierge, or when you create an online account with us.
- Profile Data, such as your username and password that you set to establish an online account with us, age, gender, biographical details, links to your profiles on various third party sites including social networks, interests, preferences, and information about your participation in our events, promotions, sweepstakes, contests, or surveys.
- Communications that we exchange, including when you contact us with questions, feedback, or otherwise.
- Research Data, that you provide when you agree to participate in our surveys or research activities, such as your survey responses and audio and/or video that we record about you or captures of your device’s screen in relation to such surveys and research activities.
- Payments and Transactional Data, such as the information needed to complete your orders on or through the Service (including name, credit card information, bank account number, billing and shipping information), and your purchase history.
- Marketing Data, such as your preferences for receiving communications about our products, services, events, promotions and newsletters and similar messages, and details about how you engage with our communications.
Third Party Sources. We may combine personal information we receive from you with personal information we obtain from other sources, such as:
Automatic Data Collection, we, our service providers, and our business partners may automatically log information about you, your computer or mobile device, and your activity over time on our sites and other sites and online services, such as:
2. Cookies and Similar Technologies
Aritzia's websites, online services, e-mail messages, and advertisements may use "cookies" and other similar technologies, such as web beacons, pixel or gif tags, and action tags. Those technologies collect information that assists Aritzia to improve products and services, advertising, customer communications and the shopping experience.
For example, Aritzia may use information collected through cookies and similar technologies to recognize the user of Aritzia's websites and supplement our confidential profile for that user, determine a user's general location to tailor the website content to that user's location, track use of the websites, offer personalized web page content, information and advertisements, and otherwise facilitate and improve the website experience. You may choose to decline or disable cookies if your web browser permits, but doing so may affect your ability to access or use certain features of Aritzia's websites.
Most browsers let you remove and/or stop accepting cookies from the websites you visit. To do this, follow the instructions in your browser’s settings. Many browsers accept cookies by default until you change your settings. If you do not accept cookies, however, you may not be able to use all functionality of the Service and our Site may not work properly. For more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your browser and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org. We use Google Analytics to help us understand user activity and patterns on the Sites. You can learn more about Google Analytics cookies at https://developers.google.com/analytics/resources/concepts/gaConceptsCookies and about how Google protects your data at http://www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html. You can prevent the use of Google Analytics relating to your use of our Sites by downloading and installing a browser plugin available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
Advertising Choices. You can limit use of your information for interest-based advertising by:
- Google: https://adssettings.google.com/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/about/ads
- Network Advertising Initiative: http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp
- Digital Advertising Alliance: optout.aboutads.info.
- AppChoices mobile app, available at https://www.youradchoices.com/appchoices, which will allow you to opt-out of interest-based ads in mobile apps served by participating members of the Digital Advertising Alliance.
Please note that we also may work with companies that offer their own opt-out mechanisms or do not participate in the opt-out mechanisms described above. Even after using these opt-out mechanisms, you may receive interest-based advertising from other companies.
Do Not Track. Some Internet browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. We currently do not respond to “Do Not Track” or similar signals. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
Declining to provide information. We need to collect personal information to provide certain services. If you do not provide the information requested, we may not be able to provide those services.
Third party platforms. If you choose to connect to the Service through your social media account such as Facebook, you may be able to use your settings in your account with that platform to limit the information we receive from it. If you revoke our ability to access information from a third party platform, that choice will not apply to information that we have already received from that third party.
3. How Aritzia Uses Your Personal Information
We use your personal information for the following purposes or as otherwise described at the time we collect it:
To Provide Services. We use your personal information to:
- provide, operate and improve the Service and our business;
- establish and maintain your user profile on the Service, including tracking your orders and shipments and sending you reminders of items left in your shopping cart;
- remembering devices from which you have previously logged in;
- communicate with you about the Service, including by sending announcements, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- understand your needs and interests, and personalize your experience with the Service and our communications such as by using your location information to determine your language preferences or display accurate date and time information; and
- provide support for the Service, respond to your requests, questions and feedback, including through Aritzia Concierge, and to otherwise administer our relationship with you.
We may combine your personal information collected through various sources, including information collected at Aritzia's retail stores and through Aritzia's websites, and information obtained from other sources such as to enhance and personalize your shopping experience on our websites and to facilitate returns.
Research and Development. We may use your personal information for research and development purposes, including to analyze and improve the Service and our business. As part of these activities, we may create aggregated, de-identified or other anonymous data from personal information we collect. We make personal information into anonymous data by removing information that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We may use this anonymous data and share it with third parties for our lawful business purposes, including to analyze and improve the Service and promote our business. For example, if we learn that most users use mobile devices, we might wish to expand on that feature.
Marketing and Advertising. We and our third party advertising partners may collect and use your personal information for marketing and advertising purposes:
- Direct Marketing. We may send you Aritzia-related or other direct marketing communications as permitted by law, including by email and mail. You may opt-out of our marketing communications as described in the Opt Out of Marketing Communications section below.
Compliance and Protection. We may use your personal information to:
- comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities;
- protect our, your or others’ rights, privacy, safety, security or property (including by making and defending legal claims and security monitoring in our stores);
- audit our internal processes for compliance with legal and contractual requirements and internal policies;
- prevent, identify, investigate and deter fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity, including cyberattacks and identity theft.
4. How Aritzia Shares Your Personal Information
Suppliers and Service providers. Companies and individuals that provide services on our behalf or help us operate the Service or our business (such as IT, hosting, payment processing services, customer relationship management and support, print and mail fulfillment, order fulfillment and shipping, data management, email delivery, marketing, website analytics, fraud detection, event management services, promotions, sweepstakes, contests and surveys). We require our suppliers and service providers to agree to use your information only for the purposes for which it is provided to them, and to protect the privacy of your information in a manner that is consistent with applicable privacy laws.
Professional Advisors. Professional advisors, such as lawyers, auditors, bankers and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional services that they render to us.
Authorities and Others. Law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties, as we believe in good faith to be necessary or appropriate for the compliance and protection purposes described above.
Business Transferees. Relevant participants in business transactions (or potential transactions) involving a corporate divestiture, merger, consolidation, acquisition, reorganization, sale or other disposition of all or any portion of the business or assets of, or equity interests in, Aritzia or our affiliates (including, in connection with a bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
5. Your Choices
You have the following choices with respect to your personal information.
Access or Update Your Information. If you have registered for an account with us, you may review and update certain account information by logging into the account.
6. Social Networking, Other Sites and Services
When you use certain aspects of Aritzia's websites or other services, or post information to other social networking sites, for example, there may be links to Aritzia's Facebook or Twitter pages or you may be able to "like" a product on your Facebook account or "pin" a product on your Pinterest account, the information that you post or share in connection with these third-party sites is visible to other persons and can be read, collected, used, and disclosed by other persons, including to send unsolicited messages. In such cases, you will be leaving Aritzia's website and going to the third party's website. These links are not an endorsement of, or representation that we are affiliated with, any third party. In addition, our content may be included on web pages or in mobile applications or other online services that are not associated with us. Any information you provide or post to such third-party social-networking sites and other sites is governed by their own privacy policies, which you may read on the applicable site. You are solely responsible for the information that you choose to post or share in those situations. Aritzia has no control over, or responsibility or liability for, the use, disclosure, and retention of the information that you disclose in those situations, and the use, disclosure, and retention of the disclosed information is not subject to this Policy. Please be careful when disclosing your information in those situations.
7. Retention, Location and Security of Your Personal Information
Aritzia employs reasonable safeguards - including administrative, technical and physical measures - appropriate to the sensitivity of the personal information in its possession or under its control in order to protect that information from unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, disposal, or similar risks. While Aritzia uses reasonable efforts to protect your information, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, and therefore, Aritzia cannot guarantee absolute security of your personal information.
8. International Data Transfer
We are a United States company and your information submitted by you through our websites is collected and maintained in the United States, Canada and other countries, regardless of the geographic location or country where the information originated. If you do not consent to your information being collected and maintained in the United States, Canada and other countries, then you should not enter such information through our websites.
This website may be accessed by users in countries outside of the United States. We make no representations or warranties that aritzia.com/us/en is appropriate or available for use in countries outside of the United States (such as laws relating to default cookie settings).
9. Accuracy of Personal Information
You can help us maintain the accuracy and completeness of your information (including your Aritzia website account information) by notifying us of any changes to your information. You may update your Aritzia website account information through our websites.
Aritzia does not knowingly collect personal information from children who are under 13 years of age. Please immediately contact Aritzia's Chief Privacy Officer at one of the addresses noted below if you believe that Aritzia has unintentionally collected personal information from a child under 13 years of age. If Aritzia learns that it has inadvertently collected the personal information of a child under 13 years of age, Aritzia will use reasonable efforts to delete that information from its systems (except to the extent that retention of the personal information is required or permitted by applicable law).
Aritzia may use and disclose your personal information to administer and process your application for employment with Aritzia and related matters.
13. Contacting Aritzia’s Chief Privacy Officer
14. Important Information for California Residents
Scope. This section applies only to California residents. It describes how we collect, use and share Personal Information of California residents when we act as a “business” as defined under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), and their rights with respect to their Personal Information. For purposes of this section, “Personal Information” has the meaning given in the CCPA but does not include information exempted from the scope of the CCPA or information we collect from you in the course of providing services to you or receiving services from you where you are an employee, controlling owner, director, officer or contractor of a company, partnership, sole proprietorship, non-profit or government agency. In some cases we may provide a different privacy notice to certain categories of California residents, such as job applicants, in which case that notice will apply instead of this section.
Your California Privacy Rights. As a California resident, you have the rights listed below. However, these rights are not absolute, and in certain cases we may decline your request as permitted by law.
Information. You can request the following information about how we have collected and used your Personal Information during the past 12 months:
- The categories of Personal Information that we have collected.
- The categories of sources from which we collected Personal Information.
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting and/or selling Personal Information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share Personal Information.
- Whether we have disclosed your Personal Information for a business purpose, and if so, the categories of Personal Information disclosed to each category of third party recipient.
- Whether we’ve sold your Personal Information, and if so, the categories of Personal Information received by each category of third party recipient.
- Access. You can request a copy of the Personal Information that we have collected about you during the past 12 months.
- Deletion. You can ask us to delete the Personal Information that we have collected from you.
- Nondiscrimination. You are entitled to exercise the rights described above free from discrimination as prohibited by the CCPA.
We do not sell your personal information
How to exercise your rights
You may exercise your right to information, access or deletion by:
- calling us toll free at 1-855-274-8942
- emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
We reserve the right to confirm your California residency to process your requests and will need to confirm your identity to process your requests to exercise your information, access or deletion rights. Government identification may be required. You may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. In order to designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf, you must provide a valid power of attorney, the requester’s valid government-issued identification, and the authorized agent’s valid government issued identification. We cannot process your request if you do not provide us with sufficient detail to allow us to understand and respond to it.
Personal Information that we collect, use and disclose
- the sources from which we collect this information in the section above entitled What Personal Information Does Aritzia Collect?;
- the business and commercial purposes for which we collect this information in the section above entitled How we Aritzia Uses Your Personal Information; and
- the categories of third parties to whom we disclose this information in the section above entitled How Aritzia Shares Your Personal Information.