Real change starts from within.
We aspire to cultivate spaces and experiences that celebrate diversity, promote equity and champion inclusion. We're listening to our people, communities, and you. We're proud to share our diversity, equity and inclusion journey with you.
We believe authenticity is critical to change.
We've made steady progress in nurturing, supporting and expanding DE&I in our organization. We're actively creating new standards and holding ourselves accountable to them as we continue to listen, learn and take action.
We've come a long way from where we were, and we know we still have a lot of work ahead of us.
Our investment in DE&I at Aritzia has resulted in change and action across our business. Some highlights of what we've accomplished so far:
- Established our DE&I department to drive real change from within with dedicated expert resources.
- Implemented mandatory training and education on systemic racism, racial inequity and social injustice for all current and future members of our teams, as well as additional leadership training led by DE&I experts.
- Added — and are continuously adding — more style and sizing options to ensure that our brands are shoppable for a more diverse range of body types. We recognize that sizing and its representation is an important consideration for our clients, and we continue to learn and evolve in this area.
- Launched People Resource Groups to amplify and prioritize diverse perspectives within our business.
- Evaluated every aspect of our business to ensure diversity, equity and inclusion are representative of the communities where we work. From entry-level positions to executive-level positions, Aritzia will always be a place where all people, no matter their colour, creed, race, age or sexual orientation, can enjoy successful careers.
National Day for Truth and Reconciliation and Orange Shirt Day
We’ve partnered with Atheana Picha, an interdisciplinary Salish artist from the Kwantlen First Nation, to create t-shirts for Orange Shirt Day.
100% of the proceeds will be donated to Orange Shirt Society — an organization that fosters reconciliation in response to the intergenerational impacts of residential schools.
We acknowledge that we operate on the traditional, ancestral and unceded territories of the Coast Salish Nations — xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish) and səlil̓ilw̓ətaʔɬ (Tsleil-Waututh).
We’re committed to actively working towards reconciliation both within our organization and in our communities. We’re proud to support the following community organizations: The Circle on Philanthropy, Orange Shirt Society, Urban Native Youth Association, Sovereign Seeds and Pow Wow Pitch.See Details
Celebrating International Day of the World’s Indigenous Peoples
We’re committed to supporting the empowerment of Indigenous peoples through informed allyship, internship opportunities, artist spotlights and a partnership with The Circle on Philanthropy. This year, we’re featuring Indigenous creatives who share their traditions through a contemporary lens.
Stonewall Community Foundation
Since 2020, we've supported the LGBTQIA2S+ community through Stonewall Community Foundation with financial and product donations and education initiatives.
In 2022, we launched the Aritzia x Stonewall Community Foundation Scholarship.
This scholarship is awarded to individuals pursuing careers in fashion design, retail management, mental health or social justice advocacy.
Our ongoing partnership with Stonewall Community Foundation is just one example of our commitment to strengthen our allyship to the LGBTQ2IA+ community.
CJF-CBC RADIO-CANADA Black Women's Journalism Fellowship
We're proud to be the founding sponsor of the first CJF-CBC RADIO-CANADA Black Women's Journalism Fellowship, a paid mentorship career opportunity for Black women journalists. The fellowship aims to amplify Black voices, improve coverage of Black issues and support future Black media leaders.
This is just the beginning.
We're so grateful for our community. We're committed to this work, and we're inspired by your fierce determination and drive to create a more just society. Let's keep these conversations going — you can reach out any time through email@example.com